The 162nd annual convention of the Episcopal Diocese of Kansas will take place Sat., Oct. 23, 2021 at Grace Cathedral in Topeka, KS
Convention this year will be offered via two options: in-person at Grace Cathedral or online via Zoom.
All clergy, delegates, alternates, and other attendees must register for convention whether they plan to attend in-person or via Zoom. Registration is online at this link: https://edok.formstack.com/forms/diocon2021. The registration deadline is Friday, October 1.
In-person attendees are asked to wear masks.
For the safety of all, including the unvaccinated children of clergy and delegates, we encourage unvaccinated adults to choose the Zoom option.
The September convocation meeting “road shows” will be solely online this year. The times of the meetings have not changed.
- Southeast Convocation: Saturday, September 11, 10 a.m.
- Southwest Convocation: Saturday, September 11, 2 p.m.
- Northeast Convocation: Saturday, September 25, 9 a.m.
- Northwest Convocation: Saturday, September 25, 1 p.m.
The Zoom link will be sent to all clergy and delegates the week before each scheduled meeting.
During these meetings we review the proposed mission plan as well as any debatable resolutions. This is so delegates have the opportunity to ask questions in a smaller group and the Council of Trustees may address any issues prior to Diocesan Convention.
Convention will be streamed on the Diocesan YouTube Channel:
Convention begins at 8:30 am on Saturday, October 23. See the full schedule here.
Breakfast and Lunch will be provided for in-person attendees.
Childcare is available at the Cathedral and must be requested on the registration form.
Elections will be done electronically, similar to 2020, and all delegates and clergy will need access to a phone, tablet, or computer to be able to cast their votes.
There is a block of rooms available at the Cyrus Hotel (920 S. Kansas Ave.) for those who wish to stay overnight in Topeka Friday evening. Call 785-596-0500 and mention “Episcopal Diocese of Kansas Convention” when you call. Rates are $119 per night.
- 2021 Convention Book (PDF): contains the schedule, nominations for elections, debatable resolutions, proposed mission plan and proposed apportionment schedule.
- Journal of the 161st Annual Convention (PDF): contains the staff directory, list of clergy, constitution and canons, minutes of the 161st Diocesan Convention, official bishop’s acts for 2020, annual reports of committees, commissions, and institutions, parish financial data, and parish membership data
- Bethany House and Garden Booklet (PDF): information about the vision and design for the diocesan grounds at Bethany Place