The Children’s Ministries Task Force is building a team of innovative, energetic and caring people from all around the diocese, shaped around the understanding that all children are precious in God’s sight. We focus on people ages 0-11, and their lives with us and with God.
We believe in the tenets of the Children’s Charter for the Church.
Our duty is our blessing, as we are called to the:
Nurture of the child: to receive, nurture and treasure each child as a gift from God
Ministry to the child: to love, shelter, protect and defend children within our own communities and indeed throughout the world
Ministry of the child: to receive children’s special gifts as signs of the Reign of God.
To that end:
- We are committed to proclaim the gospel to children in ways that empower them to receive and respond to God’s love.
- We advocate for the integrity of childhood and the dignity of all children at every level of our religious, civic and political structures.
- We appreciate children’s abilities and readiness to represent Christ and the church, to bear witness to Christ and to set about doing Christ’s work of reconciliation in the world.
We invite everyone in the diocese to join us:
- Identify someone from your parish to be a liaison to this task force, to receive and then share information and news about ministry with children.
- Pray for all children everywhere; pray for our children and Christian educators in the Diocese of Kansas.
For more information contact the task force chair, the Rev. Kay Dagg, firstname.lastname@example.org